Presenting, The Trifle, aka the Fool!
This refreshing dessert is great for summer. Don't pitty this fool, just eat it! Here are the easy steps:
1. Select one of our bread winning sweet breads to make this one extra special.
2. If you'd like to make your own whipped cream using your mixer, add 1.5 cups heavy whip, 1 tsp. vanilla extract or vanilla bean, 2 tbs. powdered sugar and mix on 5 for about 5 minutes.
3. If you're in a pinch, you may use ready-made whipped cream from the store. However, you'll want to add in vanilla extract to make it special.
4. Take your chosen bread and break it up into a dish.
5. Select your favorite seasonal fruit, mango and peach for us, and chop it up. Arrange on top evenly.
6. Mix one cup of your favorite sweet wine or cordial with about 1/4 cup of locally harvested honey. Add in some vanilla bean and simmer on the stovetop for 5 minutes.
7. Add your sauce to the trifle. Cover it!
8. Apply your whipped cream over the bread and top with your favorite tropical fruit.
9. Take your local honey back out and drizzle over top for a fun presentation.
10. Dig in and don't forget to pair with your sweet wine.